Our DIY Hundred Board Activities

Math and Stuff


I've always wanted to have a nice, wooden hundred board for Robbie, but I never could justify the cost. I spent last evening making a few hands-on hundred board activities for under $10. Using three pre-laminated hundred charts (the printable ones just seemed too small for my tastes... these are approx. 1"x1") and a set of All About Spelling magnets, I made a traditional hundred board as well as a puzzle version. We're keeping it all on a large old cookie sheet.

I cut the border from one hundred chart to make it fit the cookie sheet. I placed a magnets on the blank side of another and then I cut those out.

It was super easy! 
 

We have a few of these wooden containers (we've had them for years) and I simply cut some craft sticks and glued them together and into the container to make a divider. It worked perfectly! 

From the third chart, I cut 25 sections in various shapes (nerd that I am, I used Tetris shapes) and placed magnets on the back of those, as well. This was the first thing Robbie did this morning!!
 
I know I'm not the first to do these things, but I thought I'd share, anyway.




Check out other (and admittedly, much cooler) math ideas over at
Math Monday



Have you checked out our Math Printables or our Math Ideas Pinterest Board?

4 comments:

  1. It's awesome! I should make one for my son. Thanks for sharing at Math Monday. :)
    Cindy @ love2learn2day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I can see how I would use this in my classroom. Super. Thanks for sharing!

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great there are so many applications of this idea. you could even make boards for more advanced topics... i.e. pattern recognition,primes,other number bases.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.